In managing the University’s scarce parking resources to facilitate campus access, parking regulations approved by the University’s Board of Trustees are enforced at all times: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you have received a UNCG parking citation and believe it was issued in error, an appeal may be submitted within seven (7) days of the date the citation was issued. Please refer to the back of your ticket for payment options. TICKET FINE PAYMENTS CANNOT BE MADE ONLINE AT THIS TIME. If you are unable to find answers to your questions in the links provided, please call (336) 334-5681 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Appeal a Ticket
If you have received a UNCG parking citation and believe it was issued in error, an appeal may be submitted within seven (7) days of the date the citation was issued.
- Complete and submit an online appeal form. Make sure you have the citation number and plate number available. Both are required fields to complete the online appeal. Paper appeal forms are available in the parking office adjacent to the Walker Avenue Parking Deck, 506 Stirling Street.
- Appeals are processed by a student appeals board within (7) – (10) days of submission. Board decisions are communicated via email. If no email address is provided, a letter is sent via US postal service.
- If the appeal is granted, no fine is due.
- If the appeal is upheld, you have a right to a re-appeal appointment. Please call (336) 334-5681.
- Should your re-appeal be upheld, you would be required to pay the ticket fine. [Instead of paying for a ticket, students also have the option of participating in the UNCG Parking Citation – Community Service Initiative (CSI). This option provides you with the opportunity to utilize community service through POCAM as an alternative to paying one specified parking citation per academic year (limited to Spring and Fall semesters). ]
Re-appeals are heard by a Campus Enterprises representative on Wednesdays and Thursdays, between 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM, each week during the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) with a modified schedule during summer sessions. Times are subject to change. Please remember drivers bear the burden of proof when contesting a parking citation.
Booting and Towing
A boot is an immobilization device placed on the wheel of a vehicle, making it one of the strongest educational enforcement tools used by Parking Operations. Vehicle(s) with any combination of three (3) or more paid or unpaid citations* (warnings and/or tickets) may be booted. Three (3) or more boots will result in an automatic tow upon the next violation.
When a vehicle is booted, the driver must come to the parking office located adjacent to the Walker Avenue Parking Deck and meet with a parking representative to discuss strategies for avoiding additional tickets, boots, and tows. The $40 boot removal fee plus any outstanding citations must be paid before the vehicle will be released. This fee may NOT be appealed. Fees may be paid by cash, MasterCard, or Visa. Students and employees also have the option of paying by check. If the parking office is not contacted within two (2) hours, the vehicle will be towed. If your vehicle is booted, please do not try to remove or disengage the boot. The penalty for unauthorized removal of a boot will be equal to cost of repair or replacement of the device, approximately $300.
Towing is a penalty for repeat offenders and for vehicles parked in reserved spaces, fire lanes, driving lanes, and other undesignated areas. When a vehicle is towed, the driver must bring photo identification (driver’s license or student id card) to the parking office located adjacent to the Walker Avenue Parking Deck to collect the tow stub. All outstanding citations must be paid before the tow claim stub is released. Parking operations contracts with an outside towing agency to have vehicles removed from campus. Towing and vehicle storage fees must be paid directly to:
Bobby’s Friendly Towing and Recovery
136 Montlieu Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27409
NOTE: Citation history cycles are recorded August 1 to August 1 each year. Students and employees begin each academic year with a clean parking record.
Holidays and Breaks
Parking rules and regulations are enforced at all times (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). This includes holidays and breaks.
Holidays, Breaks and Summer Session
UNCG parking regulations are still in effect at all times including holidays, breaks and summer. During fall, winter, and spring breaks, as well as summer session, Park & Ride and Spartan Chariot buses do not operate. During these times, “E”, “WE”, “ME” and “KE” permit holders may park in lots designated for “C” permits and “EB”/”VB” permit holders may park in lots designated for “B” permits. Notice will be provided in advance to inform students of the change in the Spartan Chariot Schedule. Deck permits are valid in surface lots during breaks, holidays, and summer. Oakland Deck Faculty/Staff/Commuter (KA & KC), McIver Deck Faculty/Staff/Commuter (MA & MC), and Walker Deck Faculty/Staff/Commuter (WA & WC) permits are valid in “C” spaces (Lots 6, 13, and 26A have a 3pm time restriction, which is enforced at all times). Resident deck permit holders (KB, MB, WB, & SGB) may park in valid “B” spaces.
After 3:00 PM until 7:00 AM, “WE”, “ME”, “”KE” and “E” permit holders may park in lots designated for “C” permits. After 3 PM until 7 AM, “EB” permit holders may park in lots designated for “B” permits. The 3:00 PM time restriction in Lot 6 (Sink Building), Lot 13 (Administration Drive), and Lot 26A (Gray Drive) is enforced at all times, including summer.
Monday - Friday, 5:00 PM - 7:00 AM, vehicles may park in valid C spaces in surface parking lot #7 with or without a permit. The lot is accessible from Tate Street and Highland Avenue, bordered by Oakland Avenue.
5:00 PM Friday until midnight Sunday, vehicles may park in valid B/VB/C parking spaces with or without a permit. After midnight Sunday, vehicles parked in surface lots without a permit are subject to standard enforcement and will be ticketed, booted and/or towed. >Noon Friday through midnight Sunday, vehicles may park in the McIver Street Parking Deck with the first 90 minutes complimentary. Please remember North Drive is a fire lane therefore “no parking” is strictly enforced at all times.
- ❖ Pull a ticket to enter the deck.
- ❖ When leaving, take entry ticket to pay station for validation (cash only).
- ❖ Any additional time over the first 90 minutes must be paid.
- ❖ Take validated ticket and drive to nearest exit gate.
- ❖ Insert validated ticket into exit gate card reader.
- ❖ Exit gate will raise.
Loading and Unloading
To request a complimentary loading/unloading permit, please come to the parking office. Temporary loading/unloading permits are valid ONLY at a meter or designated service space. 30 minute limit per vehicle. For additional information or questions, please call (336) 334-5681.
Violations and Fines
Violations and fines are established by the UNCG Board of Trustees. Parking citations may be appealed within seven (7) days of date issued. Repeat offenders may be booted and/or towed. A boot removal fee of $40 will be charged for removal of a boot from immobilized vehicles. The penalty for unauthorized removal of a boot will be equal to cost of repair or replacement of the device, approximately $300. Any moving violation shall be a misdemeanor punishable by a fine, court costs, and/or imprisonment at the discretion of the court.
List of Violations and Fines
- ❖ $15 - Meter Expired
- ❖ $15 - Excessive Time in Metered Space
- ❖ $15 - Failure to Display Permit
- ❖ $15 - Improper Display of Handicap Tag
- ❖ $15 - Improper Display of Parking Permit
- ❖ $15 - Parking in a Improper Area for Permit
- ❖ $15 - Occupying More Than One Space
- ❖ $15 - Illegally Parked in State Vehicle Space
- ❖ $15 - Over Time in a Loading Zone
- ❖ $15 - Permit or Vehicle Not Registered
- ❖ $35 - Unauthorized Parking on UNCG Property
- ❖ $35 - Unauthorized Parking in a Reserved Space
- ❖ $35 - Unauthorized Parking in a Service Area
- ❖ $35 - No Valid UNCG Permit
- ❖ $35 - Unauthorized Use of Permit
- ❖ $50 - Blocking an Entrance
- ❖ $50 - Parking in a Driving Lane
- ❖ $50 - Space Not Designated for Parking
- ❖ $50 - Parking Against the Flow of Traffic
- ❖ $50 - Parking on the Grass
- ❖ $50 - Parking in a “No Parking/Tow Away” Zone
- ❖ $50 - Parked in a Fire Lane
- ❖ $250 - Illegally Parked in Handicapped Space
- ❖ $724 - Illegal Possession of Permit
In addition to these civil penalties, the Chancellor shall have the authority to provide for appropriate administrative sanctions including, but not limited to, revocation of parking permits, withholding grades and/or transcripts, termination of vehicle registration, and termination or suspension of enrollment or employment.