Park & Ride
Park & Ride is a shuttle service for commuters living off campus. The Park & Ride lot is less than 1 mile from campus, conveniently located across from the Greensboro Coliseum Complex at 1720 West Gate City Blvd. The lot entry gate is accessible from West Gate City Blvd, near the intersection of West Gate City Blvd (formerly West Lee Street) and Chapman Street/Coliseum Boulevard. Commuter students, staff, and faculty with any valid UNCG parking permit may Park & Ride. All permit types are eligible except VB, EB, and RA permits.
Schedule and Stops
The Park & Ride lot is open Monday-Thursday 7 AM – 10 PM and Friday 7 AM – 7 PM. All vehicles must be removed nightly before the gates are locked. Vehicles left in the lot after gates are locked will be ticketed and/or towed.
Shuttles operate Monday-Thursday 7:30am-9:40pm and Friday 7:30am-6:40pm with stops at two designated campus locations: Spring Garden Street near Yum Yum Ice Cream and Spring Garden Street in front of the Graham Building. Shuttles depart the Park & Ride lot every 10 minutes during peak demand (7:30 AM -6:40 PM) and every 15 minutes after 6:40 PM (Fridays only).
Extended evening service hours are provided Monday – Thursday with the last bus departing the Park & Ride lot for the final campus loop at 9:40 PM. On Fridays the last bus departs at 6:40 PM.
- Any valid UNCG parking permit may be used to Park & Ride except VB, EB, and RA permits. Remember to display your permit when inside the lot. Vehicles parked without displaying a valid permit will be ticketed.
- The most economical parking permit choice for commuters who live off campus is the “E” permit which allows drivers to park on campus in designated “C” spaces after 3pm Monday-Friday and during weekends.
- If you are new to Park & Ride, arrive 30 minutes early before your first class begins. This will give you plenty of time to catch the next bus (10 minutes max), travel to the bus stop closest to your building (10 minutes max), and walk to your building (10 minutes max). Once you develop a routine for the semester, less time will likely be sufficient.
- If you arrive to campus after 8:30 AM, save yourself time and gas by going directly to Park & Ride instead of driving around campus “hunting” for a parking space.
- Because Park & Ride does not operate during breaks, holidays, or summer sessions, “E” permit holders may park on campus all day (24 hours) in designated “C” spaces during these times.
- Buses #1, #6, #8, #9, #14 and #19 are equipped with a wheelchair lift.
- Always yield to buses and pedestrians when entering and exiting the Park & Ride lot.
- Vehicles must turn right on W Gate City Blvd to exit the Park & Ride lot. To expedite traffic flow, left turns are not permitted between 7 AM and 7 PM.
- If the Park & Ride lot reaches capacity, overflow parking is available across the street at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex War Memorial Auditorium parking lot.
- In case of inclement weather, service could be delayed or canceled. To find out if buses are operating, please call (336) 334-5681.
- All vehicles must be driven out of the lot each night before the lot closes and gates are locked. Any vehicle left in the lot after the gates are locked will be ticketed and may be towed.
If you have questions or comments about Park & Ride service, please call (336) 334-5681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.