Visitors may park at parking meters or in parking decks on a space available basis.
- Meters near residence halls have 30 minute limits and are intended specifically for visitors and loading/unloading purposes only. Most meters near academic buildings have 2 hour limits. Meter limits are strictly enforced so please park in a deck if you plan to be on campus for an extended time. Metered parking is 25 cents per 15 minutes.
- Three parking decks are open to visitors on a space available, pay by hour basis. All three decks are $2 first hour and $1 for each consecutive hour. $7 day/entry maximum:
- McIver Street Parking Deck is on the north side of campus near the School of Music and Sullivan Science (cash only).
- Oakland Avenue Parking Deck is on the south side of campus, visible from Spring Garden Street and accessible from Kenilworth Street and Oakland Ave. Oakland Deck is attended weekdays during fall and spring semesters. When an attendant is on duty, check, Visa, and MasterCard are also accepted.
- Walker Avenue Parking Deck is accessible from Walker Avenue, Stirling Street, and Theta Street. An attendant is available at Walker Deck most of the time (24 hours a day) except holidays and breaks.
Exit Express is a fast and convenient way to pay for deck parking. Please note that Exit Express stations accept cash only. To utilize Exit Express:
- Pull an entry ticket when entering the deck and keep it with you, being careful not to bend or lose it.
- When you are ready to leave campus, walk to the EXIT EXPRESS pay station.
- Insert your entry ticket into the machine and pay the amount due – cash only.
- Take your validated ticket and walk to your vehicle.
- Drive to Level 1 or Level 2 exit gate (depending on the deck) and insert your validated ticket into the exit gate card reader to exit. The gate will raise automatically.
Vehicles may park in valid C spaces in surface parking lot #7 with or without a permit from Monday-Friday, 5pm-7am. The lot is accessible from Tate Street and Highland Avenue, bordered by Oakland Avenue.
PARKING ON WEEKENDS:
Vehicles may park in valid B/C/VB surface parking lot parking spaces with or without a permit from 5pm Friday through midnight Sunday. After midnight Sunday, vehicles parked in surface lots without a permit are subject to standard enforcement and will be ticketed, booted and/or towed.
Vehicles may park in the McIver Street Parking Deck with the first 90 minutes complimentary from noon Friday through midnight Sunday. To utilize:
- Pull a ticket to enter McIver Deck.
- When leaving, take entry ticket to Exit Express pay station for validation.
- Any additional time over the first 90 minutes must be paid.
- Take validated ticket and drive to nearest exit gate.
- Insert validated ticket into exit gate card reader.
- Exit gate will raise.
Please remember North Drive is a fire lane therefore “no parking” is strictly enforced at all times.
Regulations are subject to enforcement at all times (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) in order to facilitate campus access within the limits of available space.
- Handicap accessible spaces, metered spaces, and reserved spaces are subject to standard enforcement at all times; no exceptions.
- Lots #5, 24, 25, 25A, and 29 are designated for “A” permits only; no exceptions.
- Bicycles, motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, roller blades, skates, skateboards, buses, trailers, offroad, and overheight vehicles are prohibited from parking decks in the interest of safety.
- Complimentary parking for visiting buses and oversized vehicles is limited. Please contact the parking office to request parking.
- Speed limit on campus is 20 miles per hour unless otherwise posted. The speed limit inside parking decks and parking lots is 10 miles per hour.
- Parking meters and parking deck automated Exit Express pay stations accept cash only. If you do not have cash, there are several ATM locations on campus.
- Walker Deck cashier attendant accepts cash, checks, Mastercard, and Visa. The attendant window is located on level 3 adjacent to the Stirling Street exit lane. Attendant also may be reached by telephone, (336) 334-5681.
- Walker Avenue circle behind the library tower is a transit hub for HEAT, and Spartan Chariot buses. Drivers of private vehicles may not park, stop, or wait for passengers in the circle. Instead, drivers are encouraged to use the passenger pick-up/drop-off area on Stirling Street. PART picks up on Stirling Street in front of the EUC.
- Areas not specifically designated for parking are tow-away zones. Any vehicle inhibiting traffic flow, hampering fire protection, or parked illegally is subject to immediate tow.
- The University is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles or to any articles left therein resulting in accident, fire, and/or theft.
For additional information or questions, please call (336) 334-5681.