Visitor/Guest Parking Information
Visitors may park at parking meters or in parking decks on a space available basis. Meters near residence halls have 30 minute limits and are intended specifically for visitors and loading/unloading purposes only. Most meters near academic buildings have 2 hour limits. Meter limits are strictly enforced so please park in a deck if you plan to be on campus for an extended time. Metered parking is 25 cents per 15 minutes. Three parking decks are open to visitors on a space available, pay by hour basis. All three decks are $2 first hour and $1 for each consecutive hour. $10 day/entry maximum. All decks accept cash, Visa, and MasterCard at Exit Express machines:
- ❖ McIver Street Parking Deck
On the north side of campus near the School of Music and Sullivan Science.
- ❖ Oakland Avenue Parking Deck
On the south side of campus, visible from Spring Garden Street and accessible from Kenilworth Street and Oakland Ave. Oakland Deck is attended weekdays during fall and spring semesters.
- ❖ Walker Avenue Parking Deck
Accessible from Walker Avenue, Stirling Street, and Theta Street. An attendant is available at Walker Deck most of the time (24 hours a day) except holidays and breaks.
Exit Express is a fast and convenient way to pay for deck parking. Please note that Exit Express stations accept cash, Visa, and Mastercard. To utilize Exit Express:
- ❖ Pull an entry ticket when entering the deck and keep it with you, being careful not to bend or lose it.
- ❖ When you are ready to leave campus, walk to the EXIT EXPRESS pay station.
- ❖ Insert your entry ticket into the machine and pay the amount due.
- ❖ Take your validated ticket and walk to your vehicle.
- ❖ Drive to Level 1 or Level 2 exit gate (depending on the deck) and insert your validated ticket into the exit gate card reader to exit. The gate will raise automatically.
Vehicles may park in surface parking lot #7 or lot #50 with or without a permit from Monday - Friday, 5:00 PM - 7:00 AM. Lot 7 is accessible from Tate Street and Highland Avenue, bordered by Oakland Avenue. Lot 50 is located at the corner of Josephine Boyd St. and West Gate City Blvd.
Parking on Weekends
Vehicles may park in valid B/C/VB surface parking lot parking spaces with or without a permit from 5 PM Friday through midnight Sunday. After midnight Sunday, vehicles parked in surface lots without a permit are subject to standard enforcement and will be ticketed, booted and/or towed.
Vehicles may park in the McIver Street Parking Deck with the first 90 minutes complimentary from noon Friday through midnight Sunday. To utilize:
- ❖ Pull a ticket to enter McIver Deck.
- ❖ When leaving, take entry ticket to Exit Express pay station for validation.
- ❖ Any additional time over the first 90 minutes must be paid.
- ❖ Take validated ticket and drive to nearest exit gate.
- ❖ Insert validated ticket into exit gate card reader.
- ❖ Exit gate will raise.
Please remember North Drive is a fire lane therefore “no parking” is strictly enforced at all times.